Thursday 22 August 2013

Camera Angles++


As the Buddha is stringed up, as apposed to it meaning being trapped or being all tied up and confused, i wanted to give it a meaning that was juxtaposed to the cliche of entrapment, and give it a meaning more about safety and comfort. many of the photos involve not only the Buddha but also the green stone which is symbolic of my culture and heritage, it means that i am very comfortable with being open about myself, also i am comfortable with the amount of expectations of being Maori. the string signifies the close bond that i have not only with my culture but also with the many challenges that i face with myself, the many obstacles that are in my way.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your photos Sam :) The string looks AMAZING AND INTERESTING! KEEP IT UP SAM :D

    ReplyDelete